Renato Barcellos Guimarães
As a businessman, he has held executive positions in some of the greatest Brazilian corporations
RBG’s founding partner, Renato Barcellos Guimarães is currently a qualified investor in the capital markets and also a member of the Board of Directors of some big national corporations. During his professional career, he was able to collect a number of experiences, amongst which:
- CEO of Nordeste Refrigerantes Ltda. (“Coca-Cola”/“Kaiser” products in the States of Bahia, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte and Piauí)
- CEO of Refrigerantes Minas Gerais Ltda. – REMIL (“Coca-Cola”/“Kaiser” products in the State of Minas Gerais)
- CEO of Leão Júnior S.A. (“Matte Leão” products)
- CEO of Amacoco (“Kero-Coco” products)
- CEO of GNC – General Nutrition Center in Brazil (franchise group)
- Special Operations Deputy Officer of Construtora Mendes Júnior S.A.
- Senior Manager of Banco Crefisul de Investimentos (controlled by Banco Citibank S.A.)
- Credit Manager of Chase Manhattan Bank
- Professor of investment and financial analysis in post-graduation courses
Rafael Couto Guimarães
Management experience and theoretical and practical knowledge about M&A
The partner Rafael Couto Guimarães is a lawyer and a corporate finance expert. His academic résumé shows a bachelor degree in Law from Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, a masters degree in Business Law (Droit des Affaires et de l’Économie) from Université de Paris I – Panthéon/Sorbonne (France) and a MBA in Finance from Ibmec.
Rafael started his career at some of the best Law firms in Minas Gerais. He accumulated experiences with M&A operations and corporate planing, until he was invited to be the CEO of Trop Frutas do Brasil S.A. After delivering great operational results and leading the sale of such company to Coca-Cola Group, he took office as the CEO of Hortigil Hortifruti S.A., a retail company with an innovative business model that employs more than 5.000 people and has shops in the States of Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo.
In recent years, Rafael has dedicated his time exclusively to RBG and Biz Invest, a company that invests money in private equity opportunities. Rafael’s professional background also includes various other academic experiences, such as monitoring, language courses and certificates, publication of articles and long-time teaching of different subjects (Corporate Law, Bankruptcy Law and English).
In addition to the partners above, RBG also has highly qualified employees and associates, who guarantee the excellence of the services offered to the customers.